Theres nothing I love more than preparing a meal that I know my whole family is sure to enjoy. This dish is always a hit in my house for many reasons…..
1. It is easy to pre-make and have in the fridge ready to bake.
2. It has extra veggies cooked in, making it very nutritious.
3. It’s gluten-free… which for my family is a plus.
4. It is super yummy and definitely kid approved!!
1 bag..Brown rice GF fusilli pasta
1 lb. lean ground turkey meat
1 tbls. olive or coconut oil
2 cans tomato sauce (preferably organic)
1 carrot (organic) finely shredded
1 squash, finely shredded (zucchini or yellow work great)
2 shallots diced
3 garlic cloves diced
1 tbls. dried basil
1/2 tbls. dried oregano
1 tbls. butter (preferably organic)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook your pasta to directions.
2. In a large sauce pan heat oil on medium, add your shallots cooking until slightly clear. Add in the ground turkey, break the turkey up into small chunks. Add in diced garlic and season with sea salt, cook until turkey in brown. Next sprinkle in the shredded carrot and squash mix and cook 1 minute. Pour tomatoes sauce into the pan add in your herbs and mix together. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Strain your pasta and return to pot. Mix in 1 tbls of butter and 1/4 of the parmesan cheese. Pour the noodles into your pasta sauce and mix to combine. Add the pasta to a large baking dish.
*at this point you can allow the past to cool a bit cover and place in the fridge to bake during the week. Best to bake within the next 2-3 days.
4. Set oven to 425 degrees. Top the pasta with remaining parmesan and the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly and slightly golden. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Gluten Free Fusilli Pasta Bake with Ground Turkey….
A delicious and nutritious meal that you can enjoy with your family and friends!
Stay well and eat for your HEALTH!