Cauliflower has quickly become a staple vegetable in our house. It has replaced potatoes, rice and even flour for pizza crust! I love how versatile this veggie is, adapting to any flavor that you add to it.
With Thanksgiving approaching I want to share with you how you can bring this wonderful vegetable into your kitchen and onto your dinner table. Get rid of the tubers that are loaded with starch and heavy on the carbs and replace them with this carb friendly and clean eating alternative!
WARNING: You’re guests WILL ask you how you made your potatoes so light, creamy and delicious!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave cauliflower and water for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Place cauliflower, garlic and butter in a large bowl.
- Add seasonings to taste. Using an immersion blender, whip up your cauliflower until your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.
Protein 2.95g, Fat 12.40g, Cals 142, Carbs 8.05g, Fiber 3.10g — NET CARBS: 4.95g